Title: RE: [newbie] Need Cable-modem help!

Ron, go into the install software mode and do a search for dhcp. You need dhcpcommon and dhcpclient  and the dhcpd if I recall. Not sure but any one of those can be a show stopper if not installed. HTH Dennis M.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ronald J. Hall
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 3:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Need Cable-modem help!

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 10:53 am, Derek Jennings wrote:

> Is the connection via Ethernet?
> If so just turn on DHCP and thats it done!
>
> derek

Yes, its hooked to eth0. This is odd, I just went into MCC - services and
according to that, dhcp is turned on, set to run at boot, but is currently
stopped. None of the buttons from the MCC services section would start it.

I also tried (as su) "service dhcpd start"...and stop, and restart. Also used
"dhcp". Still no difference.

Any ideas? Thanks! :-)

--

                               /\