On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 10:42, JoeHill wrote:
> On 15 Jun 2003 04:46:04 -0500
> Chuck Stuettgen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
>

> > Dell Latitude C640 P4 (on battery @ 1.2GHz) 512Mb - Mandrake 9.0 -
> > Open Office 1.0.1 Starts in 4 seconds.
>
> Holy sweet Jesus...what desktop are you using tho, in Gnome I believe it
> preloads OO at startup, therefore a speed advantage.

Gnome.   But I have to amend my original posting..  After I read the
other postings. I restarted the laptop and tried it again.

First load 14 seconds.  Second and subsequent loads 4 seconds.

When I posted the first time, I had used OO earlier in the day..

Sorry for the misleading info...

--
If it's not on fire, it's a software problem.

Chuck Stuettgen [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cfs-tech.homelinux.net