On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:30, Eric Huff wrote:
> > I was burning ISOs of redhat 8.0 to a cd using xcdroast and got this
> > error:
> >
> > cdrecord: WARNING: Drive returns wrong startsec (0)(using -150
> > Writing pregap for track 1 at -150
> > Starting new track at sector: 0
> >
> > The burn completed but I'm wondering if the cd's are corrupted
> > somehow. So far I've burned 2 of the 5 ISOs and both produced this
> > error. I'd appreciate it if anyone could clue me in on what's going on
> > and advise me should I try to install redhat with them or paint
> > reindeer on them and set them around the coffee table at Christmas?
>
> Well, i got the same thing, and didn' tknow of any problems.   IIRC i
> googled a lot, and other people get that, too.
>
> Hopefully someone here has a better answer....
>
> eric

Well I'm real glad to hear I'm not the only one.  I had 7 coasters and
thought it had something to do with that error when trying to copy a music
CD.

So can someone please tell me if there is such a thing as "DATA ONLY" CDRs?
Just thought perhaps that's the reason for the coasters...?

Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today