On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 10:03, Marc wrote:
> On Sunday 21 September 2003 06:43 am, Lance Cummings wrote:
> > I am going to give Mandrake 9.1 a look, coming from the MS world.
> >
> > Until I get real comfortable with the idea the Linux can work for me,
> > XP will remain the primary OS on the box, so we start by needing to
> > work around that a little bit.

Most of us understand being a little OS 'gun shy', but (as you will soon
come to understand) that has to do with how poorly cobbled together M$
winblows really is, and as you come to understand that there really are
other and better methods for things, you will so soon wonder why you
thought that that way. just as someone that has had a 2 dollar pistol
blow up in their hand may not want to hold a new Glock 9mm, after they
fire it a few times, they are no where as worried about the Glock
blowing a finger off. soon you too will consider WInblows a 2 dollar
ripoff and real OSs to be closer to cruise missile.
Just my $.02USD