On Sunday 05 Oct 2003 5:43 pm, Marc wrote:

> > > UPS

> > > ?

> > > reinstalling

> > > Since you are using win98, you should look into win4lin so you
> > > don't have to reboot all the time.
> >
> > Absolutely true.  During install you reboot windows as normal,
> > but your linux carries on running.  Win98SE is 100% stable under
> > win4lin. I can run a windows program and swap backwards and
> > forwards between that and reading incoming mail in kmail.  It's
> > not free, but not very expensive, and their tech support is
> > excellent if something goes wrong or you want to know how to
> > safely move your registration to a new linux install.
> >
> > Anne
>
>    But will it run internet exploiter? everything UPS related seems
> highly dependant on internet exploiter Mozilla , Netscape or opera
> WILL NOT work with it. As software goes it UPS world ship is about
> as screwed up as anything I have ever seen!!! But it does take all
> the hassle out of shipping stuff to Canada from the US, you would
> not believe the insane BS paperwork it takes without UPS world ship
> to do something that used to be so simple. It used to be easy
> before NAFTA.

It's incredible how they get away with it.  But yes, it will run IE.
Just remember though that every moment you are online with IE your
windows partition is at the same level of risk as it was before.
Take whatever precautions you can.  BTW, have you tried using Opera
(windows and linux) set to announce itself as IE?  It works for a lot
of sites.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302