On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 00:50, Alexandre Aractingi wrote:
> I can't seem to be able to run a script when my machine boots up... I
> copied it in /etc/init.d/ though, and I can run it from the shell
> (/etc/init.d/myscript start), but it's not launched at boot time. Am I
> missing something here?

Or you can use ksysv...

Copy your script to /etc/rc.d/init.d and make permissions 700 (rwx------)
owned by root.

Open ksysv from a terminal as root and choose "linux" as your OS, then
"Mandrake Linux".  You can now drag and drop your script into the desired
run levels.

More info in the KDE docs.

Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today