On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 00:05, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 19 Dec 2003 10:40 am, Sharrea Day wrote:
> > Hi all
> > for those who were using gotmail-0.79 which stopped working a few
> > weeks ago - the new version 0.8 (beta) at sourceforge works fine.
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/gotmail/
>
> Sharea, I get very little hotmail, so I didn't notice that it wasn't
> working.  On checking I have 2 messages, one of which is a month old.
>
> I have unzipped the file to the same directory as the old hotmail
> script, which has worked in the past, but I can't remember what I had
> to do to set up calling the old script.  Obviously just replacing the
> perl script is not working, so can you tell me what else I need to
> do?  Thanks

Hi Anne
Unless your email client settings have changed it should work if you
replaced the old perl script with the new one.

If you're using kmail: in kmail Configuration > Network > Receiving tab

enter the location of the email file, eg.
/home/anne/.hotmail/Inbox
(create the dir/file if it does not exist - your choice of path/filename)

in the precommand box enter path to perl script, eg.
/usr/local/bin/gotmail
(that's where I put mine)

choose "Mutt dotlock" as the locking method and make sure mutt is installed.

be sure you have your config file in your home directory as
~/.gotmailrc

I noticed on sourceforge gotmail release notes:
[quote]
Due to changes in cookie handling, this release now requires curl 7.9 or
better.

If you're using curl 7.10, you may have to use this option:
--curl-bin 'curl -k', if your ssl certificates aren't installed properly.
[/quote]

$ rpm -qa | grep -i curl
libcurl2-7.10.7-2mdk
curl-7.10.7-2mdk

I haven't made any changes to my setup.  I simply replaced the old perl
script with the new one and checked my hotmail and it worked.  I didn't log
out of kde and kmail was already running so I didn't restart anything.

Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today