On Thursday 13 May 2004 05:52 pm, Richard McCormick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got Mandrake 10 and boy is it much better, the best yet but there is
> one problem and I was wondering if there is a way to configure my CanoScan
> LiDE 50 to work under XSane??  I actually found the scanner listed and when
> I selected it I got a message that this scanner is not supported by this
> version of Mandrake Linux.  HUH??  It's listed but it's not supported??
>
> That seems strange to me.
>
> Any help here??
>
> Many thanks
>
> Richard ;-)~

the canon lide series includes models 20, 30, 50 and 80.  the lide20 and
lide30 are supported, wheras the lide50 and lide80 are not as they are based
on a different chipset.  the lide20 and lide30 are based on the National
Semiconductor LM9831/2 chipset for which a driver called the plustek driver
has been written.
--
Alan