Marc Lijour wrote:

Le June 29, 2004 06:36 am, John Richard Smith a écrit :

Marc Lijour wrote:

Hi

Any of you had some luck with the Lexmark Z33.
I tried to install it with the driver provided to the Lexmark site.
1) I disabled CUPS and installed LPRng
2) I run the driver from lexmark

Problem: it does not print when it says it should
The jobs show on the queue, but /dev/usb/lp0 is not recognized.
(It was picked up by the driver but then something happened.. or not
happened)

Help appreciated.

I tried something like the same when I bought my Lexmark Z53,and
after much effort I did get it going, but the OEM linux driver never
performed at all well with the printer. I hope you have better luck.

Instead I install cups and select the drivers in the dropdown list
provided, which work well enough in most setting except "normal"
resolution where there is white lining. So as long as you put up with
high, or even higher  resolution  the printout is reasonably good ,
except that kde's printer control gui doesn't seem to work well with the
actual printer setting, that is the hue, saturation, etc etc.  It never
has, but I'm sure that is a kde problem not cups. I guess it needs a Cl
approach to reset the controls to hone down the setting to
perfection.Haven't got down to figuring that out.

I think I'm right in saying cups has a Z33 option in the drop down list.

No, I have not seen it. Unfortunately!

John

Seems like your right, but,
There is a Z31 and Z32 ,
Now if it's like my Z53, you can choose the Z52 option just as well,
So would either Z31 or Z32 work ?

John

--
John Richard Smith