On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 22:57, Derek Jennings wrote:

> Obvious questions first.
>
> Have you opened ports 137,138,139 in your firewall?
>
> Are there any error messages in /var/log/samba
>

> My smb.conf file transferred from 9.2 to 10.0 without any issues if that is
> any comfort
>
> A nice GUI to set up samba is ksambaplugin  available on any contrib mirror.
> It will add a samba server page to KDE Control Centre. But real men edit the
> smb.conf file directly. You will find a virgin smb.conf file
> at /usr/share/samba
>
> derek

I ended up re-creating the smb.conf from scratch; now I'm stuck with
perms probs - but I reckon I'll figure that out; and yes, the ports are
opened and yes I've checked the logs; it's frustrating when the logs
aren't tell me anything. Also a bit peeved at the dang MCC plugin for
setting up Samba as it ain't doing anything other than sitting there.

stephen kuhn - proprietor