Seems like I only post ot questions lately :(

I'm thinking about building a new computer. My needs are pretty typical
home user stuff. I want to network it (haven't decided on wired or
wireless yet), be able to watch TV on it, and possibly make dvd's from
recorded TV.

Basically I've decided I want an AMD processor and to use a SATA hard drive.
But when I go to look at mobos I'm amazed at the difference in price
from one to another. I'm really clueless about the different chipsets
and which one I'd want. Googling for a comparison doesn't help too much;
do you have to read the reports on every mobo out there?

For my last builds I used Asus and it has been rock solid; I think it
was a little pricier than other comparable boards at the time.

So, any suggestions on a mobo/chipset? What's the absolute lowest cpu
you'd go for, considering I'm a cheap bastard? (I'm fairly happy with my
500MHz amd now, I just need a project.)

TIA,
Todd

--
Name that tune #2: Turn up the Eagles the neighbors are listening.