On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 10:57, Bill Winegarden wrote:
> Hi,
> If you check the size and they are around 20 to 75 kB, they are probably
> Windows viruses. I learned that the hard way. Ignoring them is the best
> option.
>
> Regards,
> Bill W.
>
> On Saturday 24 July 2004 11:47 pm, Brian Parish wrote:
> > I am using gtk-gnutella and have noticed that in recent times, whatever
> > I enter as search criteria, I get back heaps of whatever-I-typed-in.exe
> > files found.  I have always ignored them, but does anyone have a clear
> > idea what these are about?
> >
> > cheers
> > Brian

Sorry - I shoulda mentioned that - Bill's right - you don't want to
download and execute a Windows binary executable whilst in linux - could
infect your system, mate. (g)

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture
http://kma.0catch.com  :: mobile 0410.728.389
Serving Sydney, The Illawarra, South Coast and Rural NSW
  Mandrake GNU/Linux 10.0 OE/Kernel 2.6.3-7/ No Viruses here.

There was a polite beeping from the Thing. "You may be interested to
know," it said, "that we've broken the sound barrier." Masklin turned
wearily to the others. "All right, own up. Who broke it?" (Wings)