Margot wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm currently with Wanadoo for my dialup and I'm keen to leave them as soon as possible because I'm in the middle of a major row with them - they recently introduced spam filtering, and it is complete chaos - legitimate mail is not only being marked incorrectly as 'spam' but actually being *blocked* so I don't receive it at all (!) but the spam is still getting through in larger quantities than ever before!

Personally, I wouldn't recommend Wanadoo to my worst enemy - their service has deteriorated considerably since they dropped the 'Freeserve' branding, and when I mention to them that I use Linux their only response is "we only support Windows" :-(

Margot

To a greater or lesser extent I agree with margo about wanadoo. I don't find their spam filtering a problem though. I set up a filter in moz to dump all wanadoo spam assigned messages and flick my eye over them all to make sure they haven't done a dirty on a valued correspondent and then zap the lot in one go. I like that, since not all spam is necessarily not wanted, you know, the latest offer from smarkequipement.co.uk of that always want to get one piece of equipement, but would not pay the price, but here it is on offer.

The serives wanadoo offers is lousy. I'm near certain as can be it is the source of my recent "no carrier" kppp problem, I believe they send a message back somehow that sends my modem into that mode when traffic gets heavy for them, just to stop my download. As a site they are very heavy usered. Talking to them is like talking to a brick wall.

Still that is mine and Margo's opinion, I dare say other fee differently.

John