Benjamin Sher wrote:

> Dear Timothy:
>
> I had a request today from someone on our list for your wonderful
> step-by-step instructions on installing Java in StarOffice. I told him I
> would send him and the list your instructions after I got your official
> permission since your instructions contain personal data that you might
> consider confidential.
>
> May I send him and the list your instructions on installing Java in
> StarOffice? I am sure there are many people out there who would be very
> grateful to you for them.

Think you can send these personal messages privately?  The last two that
you _thought_ you sent privately both went to the list.

Don't feel bad, I once told off what I thought was a potential employer
over an mailing list once... it's that split second after you hit send
that you suddenly realize that you've made a horribly bad mistake.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator