Eric Scott wrote:
Yo;
Though I'm not a proficient or experience developer, I like to tinker
with code every now and then and learn what I can. What are some of the
best development environments can I run on my Mandrake 9.1 box that have
something like the intuitiveness of KDevelop and something in the
neighborhood, or at least the same state, as Visual Studio .net? Thanx,
ES

Eric,

For your own good, and for the benefit of others, please don't hijack threads on the mailing list. See here:

If you want to start a new topic, start with a new message - don't just reply to an existing message and change the subject line.

Why? Well, if you just change the subject line, your new messages will show up as part of an existing thread in most mail clients. Anybody who is not reading that thread will miss your message - you want to reach the widest audience possible, don't you? So far you have "hijacked" the tinfoil hats thread 3 times - that thread had drifted into a discussion of Canadian politics, so a lot of people will be deleting it without reading it - and the people who aren't reading it might be the very people who could help you...if they saw your messages.

Also, many people use the mailing list archives to see if their question has already been asked and answered - they aren't likely to realise that the "tinfoil hats" thread contains information about development platforms!

--
Regards
Margot