On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 09:38:41PM -0400, JoeHill wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:31:48 +0200
> H.J.Bathoorn disseminated the following:
>
> > I second that. Mileage varies on other players, mplayer always just works on
> > all sorts of distro's and plays almost anything you throw at it.
>
> I'd be waaaaay pleased if you or anyone could tell me why this isn't working:
>
> http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/thedailyshowwithjonstewart/
>
> ...and yet:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~>$rpm -qa | grep codecs
> win32-codecs-1.4-2plf
> real-codecs-1.2-1plf
> xanim-codecs-1.0-3plf
>
> and:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~>$rpm -qa | grep mplayer
> mplayer-1.0-0.pre3.14plf
> mplayer-gui-1.0-0.pre3.15plf
> mplayerplugin-0.80-1mdk
> mplayer-skins-1.3-8mdk
>
> When I try to view a clip, I get 'loading movie...', but that turns out to be a
> damned lie! ;-)

It's a conspiracy perpetrated by the U.S. and Canadian governments and a
handful of these two nations' most powerful telecommunications
companies. After all, what is said on one end is never exactly the same
as what comes out on the other.

Todd

--
Name that tune #22: No caffeine, no protein, no booze or nicotine.