Adolfo Bello wrote:

I always use CLI to burn my CDs too.

cdrecord -v -eject speed=8 dev=1,0,0 -dao archivo.iso

What is new to me is the use of "dev=ATA:1,0,0". I'll try it in next
burn. Using Mandrake 10 fully updated.

Thanks,

Adolfo

dev=ATA:1,0,0 is only for the 2.6 kernels where the devices are set up as ATA devices.

dev=1,0,0 is for most 2.4 kernels where the device is scsi-emulated.

I use much the same cdrecord Cl as you.

Whilst I'm not against the GUI front ends,
when it comes to burning ISO's to disc I prefer the CL.
For one thing you get a good script to see what is really going on.Otherwise when things go wrong you
don't know why.

John