On Monday 22 November 2004 09:18, Wojciech Podgórni wrote:
> Użytkownik Ricardo Castanho de Oliveira Freitas napisał:

Tks!
But I doesn´t seem to be the problem (permissions)
The error indicates a non-existing directory!
And clamav was fully operational until a update through ´freshclam´!

I´ve tried to change to all possibles directories, but no success!

Ricardo Castanho

> >I started do get this message after a period of use and just after a
> > freshclam command!
> >
> >Any help?
> >
> >I didn´t  find anything in the docs or the faqs!
> >
> >=====================================
> >LibClamAV Error: cl_loaddbdir(): Can't open directory X/lib/clamav
> >ERROR: Unable to open file or directory
> >=====================================
> >
> >TKS,
> >
> >Ricardo Castanho
> >Brasil
>
> I would start by checking the directory (or file) permissions - and by
> checking whether the file/directory exists.
> It's a strange bug, especially considering that clamav on Mandrake uses
> /var/lib/clamav directory (both on Mandrake 10.0 and 10.1). Is your
> install of clamav a custom one?
> And I would check it there's something wrong with the /etc/clamd.conf
> file (perhaps that's the root of your problem).
>
> Wojciech Podgórni

Linux user # 102240 => [EMAIL PROTECTED] user => 100% M$ FREE

Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:15:00 -0200
 20:15:00 up 49 days, 18:50,  7 users,  load average: 16.40, 15.61, 15.23
All great discoveries are made by mistake.
                -- Young