On Thursday 09 December 2004 12:13 am, Danesh Daroui wrote:
> 2. I tried to download Mandrake 10.1 Official from Mandrakesoft web
> site, but the it just forced to be a member in Mandrakeclub which costs.
> I have no problem to pay, but as I know Mandrakesoft used to strongly
> encourage users to be member not forced !!! Also, as it says, every year
> membership should be re-newed. Am I right ? If it is, why there are some
> unofficial sites which allows people to download ?

No, we won;t be forced. Just click "Get me to the download site. I plan to be
a member later"

> 3. Our server will be a Web-Server (Apache), Print and Database (MySQL)
> server with almost 150-250 hits per day and heavy traffic for print and
> Database manipulation on a high model system of course. Do you think
> mandrake can handle it or not ? FC3 could.

If it is only for those servers, I suggest you not to install everything,
especially xwindows. Don't you agree? Because I think the one that makes it
hang all the time is xwindows related, well.. since the pc is an old one.

Anyway, nobody's perfect, including mdk (or any other Os'es). But talking
statistically, 99,99% of us here is satisfied with mdk, and we love it so
much. You might be one of those 0,01% unlucky
'busted-hardware-related-problem' :)

My real suggestion is: try install mdk on a decent machine, and you'll love
it.

--
Fajar Priyanto | Reg'd Linux User #327841 | http://linux2.arinet.org
04:52:52 up 8 min, Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Official) for i586