On Wednesday 15 December 2004 07:43 am, Danesh Daroui wrote:
> Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> >On Tuesday 14 December 2004 10:50 pm, Danesh Daroui wrote:
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>I have a print server with mndk 10.1 official. Sometimes when I restart
> >>the server before it shows the login page it crashes and the error
> >>message is:
> >><0>Kernel panic: Fatal exception in interrupt. In interrupt handler.-not
> >>syncing.
> >>
> >>I'm almost sure that it is a bug. Also, I have updated my system and it
> >>is full updated, but during updating it didn't update kernel. Well,
> >>maybe the kernel is already latest version. Had you this problem before ?
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>
> >>Danesh
> >
> >Could be a defective Ram. Have you tried change them?

> >____________________________________________________
> >Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
> >Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
> >Join the Club : http://www.mandrakeclub.com
> >____________________________________________________
>
> Well, I don't know if there is any problem with RAM or not, but I don't
> think so. This system has worked for almost 6 months as server 24 hours
> with FC3 and Redhat Enterprise. Anyway how can I check the RAM ?

You can check the RAM using a program called memtest (google for it). But it
will take a loooong time to finish. The fastest way I think is to borrow some
RAM from other PC and put it into the troubled box to see whether the
installation goes smoothly.

--
Fajar Priyanto | Reg'd Linux User #327841 | http://linux2.arinet.org
13:56:02 up 5:42, Mandrakelinux release 10.1 (Official) for i586