On Friday 04 February 2005 04:47 pm, Paul wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 18:27, Aron Smith wrote:
> > On Friday 04 February 2005 08:22 am, Paul wrote:
> > > I'm having some problems installing gimp 2 on a 10.2 beta system.
> > >
> > > Urpmi tells me it is installed when I try to install, urpme tells me
> > > its not there when I try to remove. Slocate doesn't find it.
> > >
> > > I've rebuilt the rpm database (twice), with no effect.
> >
> > did you run (as root) updatedb ?
>
> yes, still no joy.

Paul, do you use KDE? If so, use the GUI manager for urpmi, and *if* you can
find the package in question listed, in either remove or install, look at the
file listing in the right plane. You might be able to use that list, to go
see if the files are actually there, and delete all of them, then start over
trying to install it.

Good luck.

--

                                                                       /\