On Thursday 24 February 2005 19:51, Glenn wrote:
> On Thu February 24 2005 09:08, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Thursday 24 Feb 2005 15:44, Miark wrote:
> > > This is good news for stockholders. Mandrakesoft is acquiring
> > > Conectiva:
> > >
> > > http://www.mandrakesoft.com/company/press/pr?n=/pr/corporate/2539&wslan
> > >g= en
> >
> > Apparently it gives them access to good R&D possibilities.  It can't hurt
> > to have access to South American markets, either.
> >
> > Anne
>
> I'm a little surprised that, after last years fears of Mandrakesoft going
> down the tubes, they're in a position to acquire another company.  Good on
> them.
>
> Glenn

That´s what I would like to know!
Who´s buying?

One ad mentioned a simple ´merge´ the other suggests that Mandrake acquired
Conectiva!

So, what is the real thing under the hood?

Conectiva is part of United Linux!

So... Is Mandrake buying the Conectiva asset (which is considerable) or United
Linux?

Conectiva is present is all America, North to South. I´m not quite sure about
Central America.

Oh, by the way, Conectiva was bought from the original founders (Arnaldo C. de
Melo, aka ACME was one of them) by a financial corporation based in Europe
(bank?) years ago.

Ricardo Castanho
Brazil

- --
  Linux user # 102240 => PGP: 748A9E35 => 100% M$ FREE

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 02:10:00 -0300
 02:10:00 up 2 days,  6:48,  3 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.06, 0.08
"We shall reach greater and greater platitudes of achievement."
- -- Richard J. Daley