On Friday 18 March 2005 04:36 pm, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> et wrote:
> > snipped it all since I only want to add my $.02USD..
> > one way to learn available commands at the text console is to use tab.
> > (as someone pointed out, tab can be a good friend.
> > just type a letter hit tab, and see all the commands that start with that
> > letter (it is case sensitive and root gets more choices)
>
> Try hitting tab-tab (tab twice) and see what you get.

Hmm. I get (immediately) with the first tab:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] darklord]$
Display all 2504 possibilities? (y or n)

2nd tab only gets a "beep" from my system speaker.

I tried the tab-tab very fast, very slow and in between.

Was something truly exciting supposed to happen and I missed it? :-)

--

                                                                    /\
                                                                Dark><Lord