[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> From: Ronald A. Yacketta
>
> sndconfig will not work with the ensoniq pci card
> you have to (as was mentioned b4) goto the creative labs page, dl the
> ensoniq driver and install it

Excuse me?  I think you're thinking of the Live! line of Creative
cards.  The Ensoniq-driven cards have been supported for quite awhile by
the mainline kernel.  sndconfig works VERY well for them.  I'm using an
ES1371 on my machine now -- sndconfig picked it up without a problem.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator