From: Sam Junge
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 1998 10:06 AM
Subject: [newbie] HELP PLEASE - PartitionMagic error

As I've mentioned before, I've been having problems with PartitionMagic. I
installed PartitionMagic, then mandrake linux 7, then decided to delete the
linux partition. No longer does my computer load lilo, or list linux as a
partition, but PartitionMagic still loads as a dos program when the computer
starts up and tells me "That linux partition could not be deleted. The
operating system partition being deleted was not found." The only option it
gives me is to click ok, which shuts down the computer and repeats the
process.
    I tried going to my other computer and doing a sys a:, and also putting
fdisk from my other computer onto the disk. I then put this disk in the
computer that wouldn't load windows, and it gave me an a prompt. I tried
typing fdisk /mbr, but it didn't make a difference for the next time i
booted the computer. What can I do?
    Please give me a detailed enough anwser because I've tried to solve this
problem numerous ways.