Hey,
I added noauth to the options file in the kppp dir.
Now in the log file, it simply stops at:

CONNECT XXXXXX.........

and says nothing more, LiNuX appears to connect.  The KPPP dialer minimizes and under details says that it has transfered like 250 bytes.  Then, when I go into Netscape, It Says Can not find web site.... gives me something about SOCKS compatbility.... essentially.. it says it didn't find an internet connection... is it the fact that it does not say "LOGIN" anymore on the log, liek it would when it use to say "PPP DAEMON DIED UNEXPECTEDLY"

I decided to call my ISP (earthlink) and they said "WE DON'T DEAL W/ LINUX SETUP" We Only Can setup Windows + Macintosh..... he said he could only tell me what info I needed, ie - the DNS numbers, etc (which, speaking of the DNS numbers, are they required?)

Thanks So Much,
Julien