who says mandrake doesnt like it? i have mandrake 6.1 and i have both cd rom and cd r
without a problem

-----Original Message-----
From:   Michael [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Wednesday, May 03, 2000 11:12 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        [newbie] CD Burners

I recently had a terrible thing happen under my dual boot system w/mdk
7.02 and w98:
I lost all my everything(incl 12 hrs music from napster) cuz i tried to
put in an old 2gig hd as a backup. I didn't know enough and so...

Anyway, I reinstalled and all is good xcept i want to buy a cd rw unit.
Someone said linux doesn't always like them...

Does anyone have any comments about the Panasonic CW 7585??? Will it
work?

-michael-
Sitka, Alaska