A dj., 04 maig 2000, vāreu escriure:
> Hi guys
>
> Sorry but i am a complete newbie both to Linux and to  this newsgroup, so
> if these questions are too stupid or if they have already been answered
> before, please bare with me and accept my apologies (but still give me a
> coherent answer, please)
>
> My Mandrake Linux 7.0 works very satisfactory and i had no trouble
> whatsoever installing and configuring it. But although the program
> correctly identified my network card, the card does not seem to work and
> eth0 fails during the booting process. i tried to download the driver from
> the Realtek site. Got two files - realtek_cb.o  and rtl8139.c

It's also my case, i have solved it executing the program knetstart and
selecting the option Dhcp. When one make that, he will find two problems. The
Knetstart will stay sending packages to the server and we have to kill this
process with: killall -9 knetstart. The second problem is that we can't start
the network at boot, since this program is a KDE program. I have try to
configure the network with Drakconf i had not success, and i don't understand
why knetstart configures the eth0 without problems and Drakconf is unable to
make it.

--
Jose Manuel Llorens Montolio.