I have the 3COM 3C509B Combo/ISA/jumpered NIC and have not had a problem with
it except it not showing up in DrakConf.  I too have the @Home service and the
NIC although OLD....it works well...I would trust it long before a cheap
Realtek 813x, D-Link card.
HTH
Jaguar

Ron Greer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, I don't know of an issue with any 3com card, the ONLY thing I've
heard
> is that the 3c509 may not autoconfigure, that's an easy fix.  Which 3Com
> card do you have?  And there is *SOME* USB support [I don't think it's in
> mandrake yet, but I understand... it's BETA], if you feel daring and wanna
> try it out.
> You might wanna check out http://www.linux-usb.org they have a list of
> what's working/what's not.
> To "squeeze" the partition, all you do is have  Partition magic add another
> partition in there... I don't see a problem with this, but of course, it
> will make one of your drives (c:,d:, or e:) smaller.  If you're installing
> mandrake, you'll actually need three partitions, so...umm... maybe just
have
> some spare free space out there for linux and have linux partition it.
>               -=Ron=-

The Dogma chased the Stigma, and was hit by the Karma.

http://webmail.netscape.com.