I don't have your original message here...but I think you said you were using
an AMD CPU...I think there was a shutdown problem and a subsequent patch for
it....maybe that is the problem.  (if I am remembering your hardware
correctly)
HTH
Jaguar

"Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>
> > You listed your hardware well, but could you also be more specific about
> > the error message?
> > It is difficult to understand what happens when "something to do with
> > rec.d" is all the info we have.
> >
> > Thanks for segmenting again,
> > Paul
> >
> > --
> > I'm not a complete idiot.
> > Some parts are missing.
> >
> > )0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
> > http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
> > Registered  Linux  User   174403
>
> Hi Paul. Thanks for the reply. Okay. I'll do
> that next message. Just as soon as I shutdown
> and copy that message down. <grin> Its a full
> screen, so be prepared. ;-)
>
> BTW, I can shutdown and restart, and I do NOT
> get this problem. Odd, eh?

The Dogma chased the Stigma, and was hit by the Karma.

http://webmail.netscape.com.