I have MDK 7.02 AIR installed onm a Cyrix 233 w/64 MB and a 3 GB, setting up
the first NIC to connect to my @Home service was a snap, but my sharing with a
12 port hub is falling down due to the fact the second NIC is NOT
broadcasting, yet all the info is set in the NIC's

eth0=3Com 503 ->@Home via DHCP
eth1=RTL139(<-piece of crap but no choice...:( )->hub

Win boxes (3 and all Win 98SE) to share single static IP thru Linux with
IPmasq and a hub
win NIC=set in 192.168 network block ->hub

I have tested the hub...it works correctly for the ports ie: plugged the @Home
directly into the "IN" port on the hub, and was connecting that way with my
Win machines.
I have IP forwarding set in the Netcfg for eth0 (setup with DHCP)
and the static IP(192.168.x.x)/Mask/BCast set for eth1.
All of this is done correctly ( I think), but the "IN" port on the hub is not
lighted up with the eth1 cable in the hub.  The Win boxes while plugged into
the hub have their respective lights lit and are trying to talk to a
nonexistant broadcast IP thru the 192.168 network series.

Has anyone run into this before, and if so, what was done to remedy the
situation?
Please help me...this is the only thing I have to finish setting up to get my
Mom off my back so she can connect to the net thru my cable hookup.

TIA all
Jaguar

The Dogma chased the Stigma, and was hit by the Karma.

http://webmail.netscape.com.