A J Benamu wrote:

> Roman,
>
> No luck there.. I think I will give up on Linux and the Internet.. It is
> definitely easier with Windows... MUCH EASIER!!!!!
>
> AJ

AJ , it may seem that Windows is easier, but once you get it connected,LINUX is
so Powerful for networking.
 please give it another shot and maybe visit  The Mail Archive at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/newbie@linux-mandrake.com
 just type in Cable Modems and you'll get pages of posts and solutions,
or..
post again and let's try and get this thing working.
 first thing -- do you know which module your NIC uses  for LINUX?
 that might be a hangup.

Eunice