Charles A Edwards wrote:

> [...]

Hello
I have been through something like it. I have just upgraded my machine, and the
new BIOS turned out to be the problem. Both the old and new ones were from
AWARD, but in the new, I have to set my CDROM and LS120 drives to AUTO in the
'BIOS features setup menu'to be able to boot from them! Hopes this can be of
help to you.
Sincerely
Mogens Jęger