At the login prompt type linux 3
hopefully you are using LiLO for the bootloader,
if you're using grub then select failsafe and it will take you to a
text login
from here you can type Xconfigurator and strt experimenting with monitors,
graphic cards, resolutions,etc.
Make sure that you answer 'NO" to the question about a graphical login, until
you get this thing resolved

Eunice

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, you wrote:

> Try taking the refresh rate down

Eunice Thompson - Treasurer/Community Relations
        Cerritos Linux Users Group
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         http://www.cerritoslug.org