Yes it will.
You shouldn't have any problems doing a fresh install.
You can probably get back into your wife's good graces, if you do not
format the /home partiiton ( it will leave all of her settings intact.)
Just make sure er user name is the same.
Good Luck

Eunice
P.S. Are you sure you really have to do a new installation?
Can you boot into Linux with your floppy boot disk?

--
     Eunice Thompson
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]