I have upgraded my machine to an AMD 850 Duron with a 1st Mainboard AZ11E
and 256 MB PC133 ram.  Used the same video card (3dFX Voodoo3 3000 PCI and
the same Actiontec Modem).  I also put in a WD 7200RPM 40 gb harddrive and
kept my WD 10.4 GB with Mandrake installed on it.
I reinstalled windows for my boyfriend so he can play his games (tried
using wine but they don't work yet) and then went to update Mandrake on the
10.4 GB hd.  It starts fine and gets to the section looking for Scsi and it
just freezes with this message:
Installing driver for scsi|disk card  imm
I do not have any scsi in this machine.  My hard drives are both IDE.  My
cd rom is an atapi drive and then there is my internal Zip100 (which
installed before changes).  I have absolutely no idea where to start.  I
have the HOW TO for LARGE DISKS, its a little confusing though.  I did try
to install it also and it still froze in the same place, even with expert
used.  I really want to divide the rest of my 40 Gig into (its partitioned
into four partitions with partition Magic) three areas, windows, mandrake
and suse and use the 10.4 gig as a backup.  Any help will be greatly
appreciated.  thank you.