Ed Kasky wrote:
> I can't figure out why I can't access floppy drive in LM8
> install.   In Konqueror the floppy icon has a lock on it
> even when logged in as root.
>
> # cd /mnt/floppy results in the following:
> bash: cd: /mnt/floppy: input/output error
>
> permissions for /mnt/floppy:
> drwxrwxrwx 1 root root
>
> from fstab:
> /mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=dev/fd0 0 0
>
> I get the same results with
> /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=dev/fd0 0 0
>
> I checked the ardware and it works fine booting - I just
> can't access it from the linux desktop or a console before
>
> Thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light on this for
> me...
>
> Ed
> ~~
>

> Ed Kasky
> Los Angeles, CA
> . . . . . . . .
> What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.
> -Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882)

Ed....both of your /etc/fstab lines have errors in
them.  Pardon me if they're just typos:

/mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=dev/fd0 0 0
        should be (leading / missing in dev=)
/mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0 0 0

and this one is not a supermount fstab line unless it's
exactly like the one above, so I've fixed it to disable
supermount as an example.

/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=dev/fd0 0 0
        should be
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy vfat defaults 0 0
--
Alan