Alexander:
Maybe. Some (where "some" could be any number from 0 to 100%) are
winmodems. If yours is one of those, it may be difficult or impossible.
It also depends on what Linux distribution and version that you have
installed. Here are some places to look:
www.qbik.ch/usb/devices   -- follow the comm link
www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html
www.linux-usb.org
You could also try reposting, but include the manufacturer and model
number of your modem as well as the exact Linux that you are running.
It's quite possible that someone else on this list can be more helpful.
Regards,
Carroll