Hi All,

I am in the process of building a 3 computer network which is as
follows:
Tower acting as server
a desktop as a workstation
and a laptop workstation needs to be removable from network

That said now the laptop has a problem the linksys EtherFast 10/100 is
not reginized hear a long and short beep when inserting.
Did some checking at Linksys web site,they say to get it to work have to
do
some compiling. heck I can just barely get things done as is.
Have tons of books on Linux,but they all talk way above me.
Does anybody know of a network card that is *no* problem??
So far I can ping the tower at Ip address and dns. Can ping the desktop
at its IP address but not its dns.

Hope somebody can lend a hand (not geek)
Thanks
Robert F. Trettel