DJW wrote:
> I don't use Aurora, and it still did it to me (only
> sometimes, and always on USB device 3, which I don't have.
> Only 2 devices).  Anyway I fixed it by turning off the USB
> support.  Not a valid fix I know if you need it, but I
> didn't.
> DJW
>
> Subject: Re: [newbie] Shutdown Hanging...in Mandrake 8.1!?!
>
> > On Sunday 25 November 2001 08:46 pm, Alan Carpenter wrote:
> > > I need help =).  Everytime I shut my PC down it hangs
> > > after "Disconnect
>
> usb
>
> > > 1", "Disconnect usb 2".  After it displays disconnect
> > > usb 2 it just sits there, and never shuts down or times
> > > out with an error.  Any help would
>
> be
>
> > > great.
> > >
> > > Thanks...
> >
> > Go to Control center, boot configuration and  stop Aurora
> > from being used with the boot and shutdown.
> >
> > Civileme
> > QA Team
> >
> > > Alan

Alan....this is a known 8.1 problem with a published solution
which is covered on the errata web page:

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/errata.php3

below I've included what it says about your problem on the
errata web page. :)
--
Alan

Error scenario: The computer locks up when shutting down or
when stopping the usb service.

Why: In certain cases, the usb-uhci module is broken for some
usb devices. Solution: Modify your /etc/modules.conf file and
change the line "alias usb-interface usb-uhci" to "alias
usb-interface uhci". The change will take effect after the
next shutdown and will prevent the usb service from locking
up the computer.