darklord wrote:
> Xcdroast finds both, has them in correct positions on the
> SCSI chain, but will not read any CD in my DVD drive. It
> always reports that its an empty CDRW.

If you haven't yet upgraded the xcdroast, mkisofs, cdda2wav,
and cdrecord rpms then do so.  There's one other wrinkle that
may or may not have an effect on your system.  If the problem
persists after the upgrade then you'll need to downgrade the
cdda2wav from the 1.11-0.a21.1.1 version to the 1.10-2
version (the one on the 8.1 cd's.).  To successfully start
xcdroast after the cdda2wav downgrade you'll need to start
xcdroast with the '-n' switch. :)
--
Alan