*From:* Peter French [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Sent:* 11 March 2007 22:13
*Subject:* RE: Cancelled lecture

Mr. Mennard,

My lecture was so grossly misreported and misadvertised that I cancelled
it.  As it happens, I have nothing to say of any significance or interest
about Serbia or the former Yugoslavia.  I have no views about the situation
there now or in the past.  It is a pity that a technical philosophical
lecture on moderate moral reasons responsiveness and volitional necessity
was hyped to suggest that I was speaking about Serbs or the conflicts in the
Balkans.  Nothing could be further from my interests.  I will not send you
the paper because I do not distribute my work until it is published.  When
it appears I will let you know where you can access it, though I sincerely
doubt you will find it at all helpful to your concerns, unless your shift
your interests to metaethical analyses of the conditions of responsibility
ascription.  I was the victim of an unfortunate and ill-advised attempt to
put people in the seats for the Kent State lecture.  Enough said.

Best wishes,

Peter French