> The problem is, software with compile time options is completely unsuitable
> for that "packaging". For nfsen to work, that package must be built with
> nfprofile.

> To prevent trouble (and because I run several different instances on the same
> server and I use nginx with php-fpm instead of using Apache with a PHP
> module) I always prefer to build from source. It's really straightforward,
> even on FreeBSD.

        Yes, that's how I have been doing it; what I was hoping for is to avoid
some repetitive tasks (unpacking, configuring, customizing...) as well as
placing things on FHS directories. But unless there is some further
suggestions, I'll have to stick with the classic way. The tool is great and if
it takes a little bit of work to install it each time, so be it.

> There's an option for custom nfcapd parameters, a parameter called "optarg".

        I must have been blind when I looked at it... Thanks for the hint,
that's exactly what I needed.

--
Alfredo Sola
http://www.tecnocratica.net/