Hi,

When I migrated from apache+mod_php to nginx+php-fpm I found I had a few websites using persistent mysql connections which never closed. I had to disable this in the php.ini so all the sites fell back to using non-persistent connections. I don't know if this will help as it was mysql not maria or other. I imagine there'll probably be something logged somewhere which needs a bit of time to find.