Curt Austin said:

>But you absolutely MUST experience the software before you buy.
>"eMediaWeekly" gave the scanner a poor rating overall due to the software,
>but I bought it anyway, thinking "How bad could it be? It's just a
>scanner." Well, it turned out to be the worst software I have ever used. By
>far. It is astonishingly, breathtakenly bad in all areas of form, fit and
>function.
>
>I can't elaborate without getting emotional, so don't ask, please. Software
>should have Beauty, like our photos and our F5's; the CoolScan III software
>should be purged from human record.

I couldn't disagree more. The scanner interface (Nikon Scan 2.1) software is
better than I expected, and more than adequate for the job. IMHO, of course ;-)

I use Photoshop 5 for editing and printing so I didn't use any of the bundled
non-Nikon software, but mine included a licensed version of Photoshop 4.0 LE,
which is a pretty good program in its own right.

In summary - I like it :-)

Regards

John Bean