John -
I have a Pronea as well that I used as a snap shot camera until getting a
digital. I stayed away from the IX lenses for a couple of reasons - I wanted
to use the same lenses on all my bodies and the IX's seemed rather flimsy.
The 24-120 gets good reviews from lots of people. You mentioned that you
shoot many at wide angles though. Remember that the APS format is smaller
than 35. This means your focal length is more like 30-155 with this lens.
You might want to consider the Tokina 20-35 as well if price is an issue.
Good luck!