>Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:26:09 CST
>From: "Wayne Jordan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Nikon F5 EC-R Focusing Screen? [v04.n201/5]
>Message: 5
>
>Hollo All!
>
>Just curious if anyone has heard or heard rumor of nikon making an EC-R
>Focusing screen for the F5. (EC-B) = Black , (EC-R) = Red.
>
>Or as long as I am dreaming an EC-R Type E Screen (Same as EC-B, but
>with red indicators and the grid from the E-Series focusing Screens)
>
>NIKON IF YOUR LISTENING, I BELIVE I SPEAK ON BEHALF OF F5 OWNERS
>EVERYWHERE THIS IS WHAT WE WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(pretty please)?
>
>Wayne Jordan
>Jordan's Photography
>Trussville, AL, US.

Wayne,

It's highly unlikely that we will see an electrochromic screen for the F5
with red indicator boxes. The screens for the F5 use LCD technology which
is placed on a thin membrane between two pieces of plastic. When charged
the selected focus sensor box will darken.

The F-100 uses a different approach. The selected AF sensor is projected
from the top of the prism onto the focusing screen. This allows them to
use a light and a color making it easy to view in low light.

When I first used the F5 I voiced at the difficult of seeing the focusing
sensors in low light. It would be nice to see them at least light up (the
arrows don't cut it) but I doubt we'll see anything.

Ed