I have an FE that I have been using for 20years and love. I have an
     MD-12 for those times where I want the motor drive. There are other
     times where I don't want the additional weight and noise, but would
     love to have the grip for the right hand. I must admit that the new
     generation of SLRs with the grip is ergonomically more comfortable
     and steadying for picture-taking.

     I have seen third party grips made for Leica - just a
     simplebaseplate with grip that attaches to the camera.  Is there a
     similar device for the FE?  Made by Nikon? Made by third party
     manufacturers?

     Any advice is welcome.