Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 10:49:12 +0600
From: "Anil Advani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Longer exposure in the A mode on F3. [v04.n145/4]
Message: 4

The F3 CANNOT be set to any exposure longer than 8 seconds -
regardless if in "A" or "M" mode! The only way to shoot longer
exposures than 8 seconds [for the F3] is
to use the "B" [bulb] setting and physically hold down the shutter
release button, with your finger or with a cable release,  for as long
an exposure you need.
<<<
Of course, you can't set the shutter time at more than 8 seconds.  And,
of course, you can take as much time as you wish with the B setting.

However, when I last shot some photos using nothing more than moonlight,
if the time was 8 seconds or less, it must have been the longest 8
seconds in history.  It seemed more like 30 seconds.

I understood that the F3 worked as you described, but my experience
makes me think that mine can set the shutter time at much longer than 8.

Sorry, I didn't look at the LCD because the light was too low.

Jim