Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 22:12:37 +0800
From: miguel n nacianceno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: the uses of the F5/F100 focus system [v04.n152/25]
Message: 25

Dear guys,

I'm a little curious here. I use an F90x and an FM2n and I've never had
the
chance to use an F5 (much more the new F100). I do know its autofocus
system is more advance, having Dynamic AF, selectable AF areas, AF
sensors
and the like. Being inexperienced as I am, and only getting to read some

Nikon catalogues, I get the impression that all these AF features make
these cameras real suitable for sports, wildlife and other fast action
photography.
Are these AF features useful for, lets say, landscape, architectural, or

studio photography? Enlighten me please. Thanks guys!
<<<
Here is my 2 cents worth.
The F5 and F100 focus faster than an N90s.  They also have a more
advanced AF system because they allow use of more than one focus point.

For the uses you mentioned, AF speed is not important at all.  It could
be that more than one focus point would make a difference in utility of
the camera.  However, I haven't seen anyone make that point.

With respect to wild life photography, the AF speed of the N90S is
adequate.  I read on Moose Peterson's web site that he considers the
multiple AF focus point capability of the F5 essential to successful
photography.

So, you might consider switching to either the F5 or the F100 because
they feature multiple AF focus points.  As for me, I don't intend to
switch anytime soon.  I haven't exhausted the capability of the N90S
yet.

Jim